- There is a point to my writing - I can answer the question: "What do I want to say?"
- There is a reason I am writing this - I can answer: "Why am I writing this?"
- I can tell enough about my topic so that others can understand what I am writing about. - I can answer the questions: "Who, what, where, when, why, how?"
- I have a beginning, a middle and an end.
- I group similar ideas/things together.
- I group similar sentences together to form paragraph(s).
- I stick to my message without going off track.
- I try not to use the same word(s) over and over.
- I try to use descriptive words and/or phrases.
- I use good vocabulary.
- Your voice shows how you feel.
- It makes your writing "sound" like you.
- My words are spelled correctly.
- I started each sentence and all names with a capital letter.
- I put a punctuation mark (. ? !) at the end of every sentence.
- I checked each sentence to make sure it made sense. All sentences should tell two things - WHO or WHAT is it you are talking about, and WHAT ABOUT IT.
Photo by Fire-Poi